Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Solar Heating / Wind Power / Solar Power / UK Grants

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 03:03:18 +0000, John Rumm wrote:

You might want to look at things like air or ground source heat pumps.
These do have a reasonable chance of giving you a return on your
investment.

Maybe depends how much alteration has to be done to the heating system.
The heat they produce is "low grade" suitable for underfloor heating but
not for, AIUI, heating domestic hot water or conventional, radiator based
space heating.

The Natural Philosopher is an accountant; the *only* thing that matters is
the bottom line. Whilst that is a factor it is not the overiding one for
many.

Grants can help the costs but generally you are then tied to using
"approved" installers and systems. You don't get much, if any, flexabilty
to design a system to suit your requirements, property or have a
combination of energy sources. Personally I don't like being told which
contractors I can use, particulary when I'm not in control of the project.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail