Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Running two appliances off of a cooker switch.

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 11:01:55 -0800 (PST) someone who may be
Rednadnerb wrote this:-

A friend has his electric hob connected to his cooker switch and the
electric oven running off of a 13amp plug.
He wants to get rid of the electric oven and get a new one that
specifies that it must have a fixed power supply (presumably a cooker
switch).
If the cooker switch has the spare capacity, can we just use a heavy
duty junction box to run both appliances from the same cooker
switch?

That depends on the oven. A search engine will pull up threads going
into this subject in great detail, outlining several methods of
doing the job depending on circumstances.

Someone may feel like typing that all out again, but it isn't me.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh