Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Albert Albert is offline

Default OT Isuzu NPR Truck

I've been watching non-CDL flatbed trucks on ebay for some time now to
get an idea about what is available and how much they cost. Some day
I'll buy one. But for now a guy can dream, can't he?

I was very curious about this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=180201941305

I don't know much about Isuzu NPRs but there sure seem to be a lot of
them on the roads in my area. I like tilt cabs because of their
greater maneuverability. I like automatic transmissions because my
area is congested. I like the size of this truck (14' bed, not too
big, not too small). I can't tell if the bed is wood or steel (it
seems to be covered with snow). If it had a liftgate on the back it
would be perfect for my needs.

For some reason, this one seemed to have sold for between 1/3 and 1/2
the price of other trucks of similar age and mileage (at least
according to my observations). Is there something special about a
stakebed truck that makes them less useful than a normal flatbed
truck? When the stakes are removed, isn't the bed just like a regular
flatbed but with some rectangular holes near the edges, or a rub rail
around the outside? Or is the 14' bed an uncommon size that is not
useful for most people?