Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default OT. Dell

Andy Hall wrote:

On 2008-01-08 00:58:29 +0000, (Steve Firth) said:

John Rumm wrote:

It can bring even relatively high end machines to their
knees. AVG seems to do a much more effective job for a fraction of the
resources used.

AVG Still sucks cycles as does Zone Alarm. And running both together
brings my wife's HP laptop to a standstill. I'm going to buy her a real
computer this year.

iMac?

Probably, although I'll let her use this MBP for a time to see if she
would prefer another laptop. The HP has been such a shoddy piece of work
that I suspect she'll be glad to see the back of it.