Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Ni-Cad Battery Storage

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 21:32:55 -0000, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 16:11:52 -0500, wrote:

From the post you were responding to..........

Please site a link as to how a Ni-Cad becomes unusable (non
recoverable) after non use of 9 months.

*************************************
Please take a reading comprehension course.

Which word in "my experience" don't you understand? I've had at least ten sets
of batteries run for 2-3 years with no problems, go out of use, and then be
unuseable after 7-12 months.

I'll quote you "Please take a reading comprehension course."

I'll ask you again: which word in "my experience" don't you understand?

I don't understand why you continue to talk apples when I have
repeatedly talked oranges and pointed out the difference between
the two.

Does unusable equal unrecoverable? Who is it that needs the refresher?

They are the same. Recovering nicads is a myth. Zap them and they'll fail
again within a few weeks.

A uncharged Ni-Cad is unusable but is certainly recoverable and then
usable, so how can they be the same? Example: Ni-Cads sitting on
the shelf at the local K-Mart for a year or more either as spare parts
or included with a cordless phone. Are they unusable? Are
they unrecoverable?