Peter T. Keillor III

Default heating element spliceing question

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:36:38 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 16:27:05 GMT, Ted Edwards
wrote:

snip
It's seldom possible to use my TIG because there's usually no way
to get a good low resistance ground. After all, we are talking about
resistance wire.

Lil' Torch is good -- but you can use TIG. Just use a backing block
of thick metal (steel or copper) with the wire(s) held just above
the backing block and bring the gas-shelded arc to the wire(s). I
even make thermocouples this way if I want them welded in an inert
atmosphere.

Now that's a neat trick. Thanks!

Pete Keillor