Posted to uk.d-i-y
Derek Geldard Derek Geldard is offline

Default Solar Heating / Wind Power / Solar Power / UK Grants

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 14:18:20 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hi,

I have some questions regarding solar heating / power / wind power and
UK grants. I'm interested in experiences rather than straight facts as
many of these are on the internet:

(1) We're considering ploughing some money into some a renewable power
source for our home. I knew of government grants, but I also recall
reading recently that the grants were either being cancelled or cut
back substantially. Has anyone taken advantage of such a grant
recently? Does the installation company sort it all out or does the
consumer have to claim it back themselves?

The Nat Ural Phil Horse Offer has covered the basics.

I'd just like to go on to say that IMHE of these grant aided schemes
the sole Benny Fishery of the grant money in every case has been the
contractors doing the installation. The stable market cost of the
project that the market will bear just gets inflated by the
contribution from the grant.

DG