Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] treboona@googlemail.com is offline

Default Solar Heating / Wind Power / Solar Power / UK Grants

Hi,

I have some questions regarding solar heating / power / wind power and
UK grants. I'm interested in experiences rather than straight facts as
many of these are on the internet:

(1) We're considering ploughing some money into some a renewable power
source for our home. I knew of government grants, but I also recall
reading recently that the grants were either being cancelled or cut
back substantially. Has anyone taken advantage of such a grant
recently? Does the installation company sort it all out or does the
consumer have to claim it back themselves?

(2) Of the various options available (I can think of at least three)
has anyone any experience across each type? Are some more effective
than others in terms of energy return for a UK home? Are some more
problematic regards installation?

(3) Installation companies are many, I know that BP have a solar
business and will more than likely have a list of contractors on their
books. I would feel a little safer dealing with a large organisation
but I don't expect they will be as cheap as others. Again if anyone
has any experience I would appreciate this.

Thanks,
Mark.
---
www.treboona.co.uk