Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT. Dell

In article , The
Medway Handyman scribeth thus
Steve Firth wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

Am I better off leaving them well alone?

In brief, yes.

If you want a good computer and you don't understand computers much,
go and buy an iMac. It will do most of what you want straight out of
the box. If you want to do MS Office stuff install Neo Office which
is free.

Dell also fare badly in terms of delivery, reliability and
availability (that last one as you discovered).

http://preview.tinyurl.com/33p2zm

I know most here will sob at the thought, but I'm fairly happy with
Microsoft - because I don't know anything else.

Most of the time my PC is fine & does what I want it to do. I have no real
idea how it does it, buy I know how to drive it.

Having said that Norton 360 won't run Antispam because there is some sort of
conflict, but I expect **** from software. I wouldn't put up with it with
any other product, but you don't seem to have a choice with software.

Thanks for the advice though.

Yes you do!. Ditch the Norton anti virus if you have that and use AVG
much better

And as to spam .. a lot of its filtered off now by a good ISP. And if
your using Thunderbird you can block a fair old bit of it....

--
Tony Sayer