Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Default Electrolux Central Vac

It could be a lousy power head too. Some of the fancy European powerheads
have too short bristles. I had one and it was quiet and beautifully built
but did not have long enuf bristles to do a good job. Ended up with a
windtunnel powerhead and hose connected to my Nutone central vac tank.
Seems to be a good combination.

"Pat" wrote in message
On Jan 6, 5:34 pm, Pat wrote:
I have been reading various opinions of different brands of central
vacuums on the net, and I don't know if we got a "lemon" or what. We
built a new house about a year and a half ago and had an Electrolux
installed during construction. From the very first, I questioned
whether the suction was strong enough, as i would find cat hair and
"fuzz" on the darker areas of my color block area rug. In addition to
the poor suction, I really had issues with dragging a 30 foot hose
around. We have a timberframe home, with large rooms, and it was
quite a job. Finally in desperation, we purchased a Hoover Wind
Tunnel, and for the last two weeks I have been dumping and dumping and
dumping cat hair and lint, dust, whatever because this Hoover is
picking up SO MUCH MORE than I could ever hope the Electrolux to do.

Everything I have read on the internet tells me that the central
should pick up loads more, with better suction, but I have to say, if
anyone were to ask me, I would say "STICK WITH AN UPRIGHT"!

Does anyone have any ideas as to why my central unit doesn't suck?
All in all, I think even if it did work efficiently, I would still
rather drag around a 30 foot electrical cord than a 30 foot heavy
hose.

Thanks for your opinions,

Pat

Thanks for all your quick responses. Yes, I have power head, with
the electric running through the hose. We had the system
professionally installed, and I would HOPE that the installer knew
wheat he was doing. Tho these days you never know. We have 3 outlets
downstairs and one upstairs, which covers the whole house, but i still
need to drag the hose from outlet to outlet. I just checked the
canister and it appears that i have model E130G? Any opinions on
that?

Again, thanks.

Pat