Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default water pump for cistern?

Hi again,

was over at Harbor Freight this past weekend and found a little clear
water pump on sale for $20. I am sure that it is cheap Chinese crap
but I really only want it for occasional use. What I'm thinking of
doing is just putting garden hose fittings on it and using it to pump
water from my cistern so that I can wash cars etc. with it. (I have a
sloped driveway and the location of the cistern is such that I don't
have quite enough head to hold a hose above the roof of my car and
have water come out.) My thought was simply to put a pressure switch,
like you'd use for a well, on the outlet of the pump to shut it off if
I was using a nozzle and let go of the trigger. Do you think this
would work, or is a more complicated control setup required (or did I
just waste $20 on something that won't work for my app?)

thanks,

nate