Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] BSAKing@hotmail.com is offline

Default Hot water heater running out of water

On Jan 7, 8:46*am, "David L. Martel" wrote:
Jay,

* *Yes the dip tube is installed by default. But brand new products are
sometimes not put together correctly so it might be the dip tube.
* *Your local library will have books on home repair and maintenance. You
need to buy a voltmeter and learn to use it if you don't have one. Your
problem predates the new water heater so I suspect you have a leak, either
in a pipe or in a single handle faucet. I suspect that you bought a new
water heater when there was nothing wrong with the old one. Welcome to the
DIY Homeowners Club, we all make stupid mistakes. It's how we learn.

Dave M.

The GF has a similar problem on a gas water tank. Now - I looked on
the web, but did not see (or could not find) any picture of what this
dip tube looks like or how to replace it if it is broken.

Would anyone have a link to this type of information by any chance?

thanks.