The Independent

Default Gunner's medical bills

yourname wrote:

snipped

If W proposed eliminating the FDA tomorrow, the first in line to stop
him would be the drug companies.
Drug prices are not caused by anything other than supply and demand. The
'costs' per unit over 17 years are pennies. If we didn't have the fda,
someone would invent it. Libertarians seem to have a ten year memory,
anything that happened longer than that doesn't exist. The FDA didn't
just 'become' it is there for a reason. "patent medicine" Corporations
don't have a conscience, they are not supposed to .

Litigation is a problem, but until we stop stocking congress with
lawyers, it won't go away

It was the litigation by lawyers and their product liability law
suits and wrongful death law suits that ended the production of
General Aviation Aircraft in the United States.

In 1985 Cessna could build a Cessna 172 for about $23,000 but to
pay the insurance on each aircraft the selling price of a Cessna
172 in 1985 was $385,000 for a 4 passenger aircraft

It wasn't until the General Aviation Recovery act that was
passed in 1999 that General Aviation manufactures were shielded
from law suits that General Aviation started making a come back

The Independent of Clackamas County, Oregon

"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of
speeches and majority decisions ... but by iron and blood."

(Otto Von Bismarck, Speech, Sept. 30, 1862.)