Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus18728 Ignoramus18728 is offline

Default Questions: Generators, rotary phase converters, and not burning down the house

On 2008-01-07, Jon Elson wrote:
Yes, but tragedies still happen. And, I have my own, personal,
transformer, on my own, personal, pole. (Not really, but that
pole and xformer serves only my house, just due to the distance
between poles and the next house.) We had a lineman with 30+
years experience killed 2 summers ago when he stepped on a pile
of branches and leaves in a backyard. There was a live 7000
volt wire buried down in that mess! So, stuff happens, when you
don't even realize there's a wire anywhere near you.

Jon, I am curious about that tragic event, how could that happen?