Posted to alt.home.repair
BillGill BillGill is offline

Default comparing over the range microwave vs vent hood

LPLZ wrote:
Hi. I was wondering if anyone can help me in determining the how effective
the OTR microwave is in taking away smoke/odor/grease compared to the vent
hood. I know that that hood is far superior to the microwave in all respects.
We will have a vent that leads outside of the house. We are leaning towards
the microwave only because it saves us a lot of space. We are wondering what
is the maximum amount of burners used for the over the range microwave to
work at its Maximum effectiveness to remove the smoke/smell/grease.

Thank you so very much for your time.

Happy New Year!

Well, I took out the combo that was in my house when I moved in. When I
moved in it had a problem. I repaired the problem ok myself, but if I
hadn't been able to I would have cost $100 to $200 to have it repaired.
I can buy a really good countertop model for less than $100. So I figure
it doesn't pay to have the combo. The cost of the unit is a lot
higher, and repair costs are a lot more than you can buy a new counter top
unit for.

Bill Gill