Posted to alt.home.repair
Jay Jay is offline

Default Hot water heater running out of water

On Jan 7, 12:48 am, "Bob M." wrote:
"Jay" wrote in message

On Jan 6, 9:04 pm, cavedweller wrote:
On Jan 6, 7:18 pm, Jay wrote:

Any ideas what else this could be? I've ordered a low flow shower
head.
Thanks,
Jay

Dip tube?

Would that fail right away? The heater is only 2 weeks old...
Definitely hooked
up right! :-)

No, not right away. HOwever, was it even installed? It should be in the
cold water side; it carries incoming cold water all the way to the bottom.
It is not usually something that is installed at the factory. If it is
gone, the hot water at the top (heat rises) mixes with the incoming cold
water, providing exactly the problem you describe. A dip tube costs $10 or
so.

The Dip tube isn't installed by default?? You gotta be kidding me...
That would do it....