Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Home wind turbines dealt a blow

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
There is a practical irreducible minimum to which energy use can be
reduced before it impacts severely on lifestyle and social conditiopns.
We simply cannot even get food from field to fridge without transporting
it in huge quantities. We cannot simply knock 80% off everyones fuel use
and 80% off their car use.

Ergo we have to find alternatice energy policies, not as he says'; focus
on conservation'

Absolutely correct. While it's possible 'we' can stabilise or even
moderate put energy requirements there's simply no chance of a
'developing' country doing this - and why, indeed, should they be expected
to?

It's rather like these conservation ****s going on and on about rain
forests being cut down to make way for food production. *Of course* it may
be a bad thing for the world - but do you really expect 'a starving
peasant' to care more for the world than his children?

--
*If your feet smell and your nose runs, you're built upside down.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.