Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Andy is offline

Default Hot water heater running out of water

When you run out of hot water at the shower, is the water also cold at
the bathroom and kitchen sinks?

On Sun, 6 Jan 2008 16:18:37 -0800 (PST), Jay
wrote:

Hi,
We've been in our house for about six months and recently we started
losing hot water.
It would last for only about 10 mins or so then run out. We figured
that since the water heater
was somewhat old (2000) that we should just replace it. We bought
pretty much
the same one, a 50 gallon GE electric water heater. After a couple
of weeks we're still seeing
the same problem, even with the 1st shower of the day. I've got the
temp pumped up to
like 135-140 degrees. That seemed to help but it not the solution.
Any ideas what else this could be? I've ordered a low flow shower
head.
Thanks,
Jay