Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen David Hansen is offline

Default Home wind turbines dealt a blow

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 14:25:24 +0000 someone who may be The Natural
Philosopher wrote this:-

Many energuy sources have no CO2 impact whatsoever in operation, and not
a lot on building either.

- nuclear.

In operation. Provided one ignores the emissions involved in
converting the ore dug out of the ground into fuel rods. Provided
the emissions involved in dealing with the spent fuel rods (which
are very high if one reprocesses the fuel but much less with storage
at the site). With these two provisions the emissions in operation
are low.

In building. Nuclear power stations involve a lot of concrete. They
also involve large amounts of rare materials. All of these have to
be produced.

I WISH the Bunny Huggers

It's always reassuring when the best someone can do is insult their
opponents.

would understand that we don't have an energy
problem. We have a resource and pollution problem. The planet is awash
with free energy, only limited by the cost of turning it into
electricity, and the pollution that may, or may not, result.

A point environmentalists have made for a considerable time.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh