Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default 1906 build your own boat advert 01 1906 brooks boats.jpg [1/2]

Kevin Miller wrote:
davenport wrote:

Can you shrink the size of the photos and post w/o doing a multipart
message - my reader doesn't do them. They're about 10 times as large (in
bytes) as they probably need to be. It's really easy to do with a free
utility called irfanview (among others) which is easily downloaded from the
internet.

Thanks...

...Kevin

I usually just bring them into MS-Paint, do a Image-Stretch/Skew,
reduce the horizontal and vertical values to something less than 100%
(say, 50%), then save the file. Heck, just saving the file without
resizing it usually shaves off a bunch of bloat (depending on how it was
originally created), and that itself might be enough to avoid having to
split the file into pieces.

The utilities you mentioned are probably easier, but I'm too lazy to
hunt them down and try them out, and invariably the one that does what
*I* want is the one most likely to cost money or have a time-out trial
period. I'm also too lazy to paste multi-part messages together (and
yes, I wish my newsreader supported it, but NO I'm not going to switch
to a "real" newsreader that does, thank you). I'm quite content to just
ignore multi-part posts...

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.