Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Electrolux Central Vac

It sounds like your central vac does suck, just in the wrong manner. There
are a variety of vacuum canisters made with varying degrees of suction,
there's no practical reason yours shouldn't work well if it was designed
properly. When the installation was done, more inlets should have been
provided, so you wouldn't have to drag a long hose either. I would have a
professional check out the system and find the problem. It could be
something as simple as a broken or leaking fitting

"Pat" wrote in message
I have been reading various opinions of different brands of central
vacuums on the net, and I don't know if we got a "lemon" or what. We
built a new house about a year and a half ago and had an Electrolux
installed during construction. From the very first, I questioned
whether the suction was strong enough, as i would find cat hair and
"fuzz" on the darker areas of my color block area rug. In addition to
the poor suction, I really had issues with dragging a 30 foot hose
around. We have a timberframe home, with large rooms, and it was
quite a job. Finally in desperation, we purchased a Hoover Wind
Tunnel, and for the last two weeks I have been dumping and dumping and
dumping cat hair and lint, dust, whatever because this Hoover is
picking up SO MUCH MORE than I could ever hope the Electrolux to do.

Everything I have read on the internet tells me that the central
should pick up loads more, with better suction, but I have to say, if
anyone were to ask me, I would say "STICK WITH AN UPRIGHT"!

Does anyone have any ideas as to why my central unit doesn't suck?
All in all, I think even if it did work efficiently, I would still
rather drag around a 30 foot electrical cord than a 30 foot heavy
hose.

Thanks for your opinions,

Pat