Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_2_] RBM[_2_] is offline

Default Breaker Panel 220V problem

Yes, it should read 240 volts. You have one dead leg of the 240 volt circuit
coming into the panel. It may be a bad main breaker, or open circuit at the
meter or elsewhere on the utility companies end

"ronaldo123" wrote in message
Hi all,

I have problem at home. Recently my oven, water heater, dryer....
stopped working. I tried playing with the breakers but it all seems
to be fine. One curious thing in the panel is that if I measure the
voltage between the 2 hot wires it reads 58volts... if I measure each
of the hot wires to the ground it measures 110volts.. is this normal?
Should the voltage between the 2 hotwires measure 220V ?

Thanks!