Tim May

Default Gunner's medical bills

In article , Gunner
wrote:

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 21:01:41 GMT, Strabo wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 19:38:45 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:33:40 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

Ive stocked Amoxycillian etc etc from the feed and grain store for
many years. I just dont recall seeing Paxil, a

errata..that should have been Plavix.

Makes your platelets slick. For blood clots.

A glass of a good Spanish red and cutting out the Mountain Dew
will help.

I only drink Diet. Lots of aspartamine...G and caffeine, no sugar.

Personally, I cannot abide _any_ diet drinks. (I semi-abided Tab, back
in the 60s, though I of course hardly needed diet drinks in those
years. But then the Feds forced "cyclamates" out and saccharine in, and
saccharine has an aftertaste I can't stand.)

So what do I drink? Water. Water at restaurants, water at fast food
places (saves a lot of money!), and water at home. Or beer, wine, or
bourbon. But I never buy diet drinks.

Rarely, I will order a soft drink, in which case it's usually Dr.
Pepper or Mountain Dew, sometimes Coke, and, when available, Vernors.
(Vernors is a ginger ale, more available in grocery stores than at soda
fountains in fast food places. I first had it in Isla Vista, the town
next to UC Santa Barbara.)

But mostly I drink water. This seems safer than drinking
Allah-knows-what in commercial soft drinks. And a lot cheaper.

For caffeine, I take caffeine tablets, e.g., Vivarin, Sta-Awake, Jet
Alert, No-Doz, etc. A pity Big Brother has illegalized
amphetamines...my father used to tell me how often he used them in
college.

Paying $2.75 "plus a generous tip" for a doube double decaf plus a
twist of lemon is a Gen-X scam.

I drink water. Water tastes good. Water is what my cat likes. Water is
the water of life.

--Tim May