Posted to sci.energy.hydrogen,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos.toyota
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Repair or despair? Natalie or Jim?

On 2008-01-06 09:57:06 -0800, "Arfa Daily" said:

I don't think that is quite true. The BBC *officially* has no political
bias, but it has long been accepted that due to appointments of very
left-wing-sympathetic senior management, it has become the left-sponsored
mouthpiece of Blair's government and publicity / spin machine, so Blair
loves the U.S. = BBC loves the U.S.

Even the BBC admit their bias:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ves/article.do

http://tinyurl.com/yyjn3h

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

http://tinyurl.com/ygs9rf

I'd
say that was official enough.

Clearly, you missed the date at the top of the piece. That article was
penned in 2006, when Blair was still firmly in power, and at which time it
was known by everyone, that the BBC was full of left wing management, that
had been edged into place by friends of the government who were already in
the Corporation, and as a result, it had a pronounced left wing liberalist
bias, which is what I said at the top of my post.

Since the demise of Blair, and his succession by Brown a few months back,
that situation is changing.

Furthermore, the Daily Mail, which is actually my paper of choice, is a
highly right-wing publication, so will of course latch onto anything that is
anti the left wing government, or anything that is perceived to be rooted in
government control, such as the BBC, and take twice the literary mileage
from it that it probably deserves.

So no, the articles that you cite as making it 'official', are so out of
date as to be meaningless. That is not to say that the BBC is suddenly
neutral as it should be, but its position has now shifted a long way right
of where it was perhaps as little as three months ago. Public opinion has
started (finally) to swing away from the lefty doctrines of our current
government, with the right wing mutterings of the major opposition party
gaining ground. Never one to dawdle, the BBC is perhaps beginning to see its
days as the (unofficial) government mouthpiece, becoming numbered, so is
quietly shifting in the same direction ...

Arfa