Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP LaserJet 4M -- Yipes! Black stripes!

"James Sweet" wrote in message

That's one I've never run into. Do the images look perfect? What if you
print out a page that is just an image, rather than something that sends
truetype fonts or postscript? If bitmaps print perfectly then the problem

is
likely something on the main processing board.

I agree. Really strange.

This is one of those cases where it's more important to get the thing
working, than -- as much as I would like to -- fully diagnose the problem.