Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default OT. Dell

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 08:46:42 +0000, Andy Hall wrote:

Visions of John with his underpants on the outside of his trousers
going around all the PC stores and installing Linux on all of their
display systems - saving them from themselves. :-)

Heh heh! it did occur to me .... maybe just to leave knoppix liveCDs in
their disc trays.

Tried Gnome? This seems to be a bit lighter weight.

Yes and chucked it out. If I wanted lighter weight at all costs I'd learn
to use xfce or suchlike. I wanted usability: I've spent too long learning
the Windoze[1] way of doing things to want to learn a different one[2] and
kde wasn't so heavyweight that it was a showstopper.

[1] windoze classic: when I was thrown into a pit of XP machines the first
thing I did was customise them to the classic 9X/NT/XP look'n'feel. Never
did like teletubbies :-)

[2] unless I can see that it's really worth the effort.

--
John Stumbles