Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Home wind turbines dealt a blow

In message , Derek Geldard
writes
On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 23:03:05 +0000, Peter Parry
wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 10:42:52 +0000, David Hansen
wrote:

As it says in the article:

"But the environmental consultancy running the project, Encraft,
said there was noticeable disparity between poor results in urban
and suburban areas - such as the west London area where Conservative
leader David Cameron hopes to put up a turbine - and far better ones
in high-rise and coastal locations.

There was indeed a marked disparity, the worst site produced an
average of 16 Watt hours a day, the best (on a building) 255 Watt
hours a day.

That equals roughly tuppence worth of electricity at our local rate.

But wait, we are in an inner city urban environment shame ...

So are more likely to achieve the 16 watt than the 250, so lets settle
on roughly tuppence per month shall we ?

Mr. Dawes Sr, Mr. Banks and Bankers:
If you invest your tuppence
Wisely in the bank
Safe and sound
Soon that tuppence,
Safely invested in the bank,
Will compound

And you'll achieve that sense of conquest
As your affluence expands
In the hands of the directors
Who invest as propriety demands

etc ...