Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HP LaserJet 4M -- Yipes! Black stripes!

"Meat Plow" wrote in message

Pull the laser mech out and clean the mirror and the laser prism.
If it has a corona wire clean it. Replace the toner. Those three
things usually fixes her right up. I've had to do that on so many
4Ms for industrial customers back in the late 90's that I could
do it in my sleep.

Thanks for the advice. (I've cleaned the corona wire several times.)

I know you can't "hold my hand", but I need just a bit of advice -- is it
fairly easy to rip 'er apart? The cabinet "hangs" on the guts; its not easy
to see where you should start dismembering.

I can buy a service manual on the Web for $7, so I won't be upset if you say
"Get the manual, ya lazy bum."