Posted to sci.electronics.repair
msg msg is offline

Default HP LaserJet 4M -- Yipes! Black stripes!

William Sommerwerck wrote:

"Tim Phipps" wrote
in message ...

William Sommerwerck wrote:

Suggest that you try the forums over on www.fixyourownprinter.com. I've
a couple of 4M and 4 Plus that I've kept running with info from that site.

I've already looked there, posted, and been given bad advice by a resident
expert. He misread my problem and assumed I was talking about vertical lines
along the edge. (I have that problem, too, but it's minor.)

Unfortunately, I know no one who owns one of these printers.

I'll bet many readers of this N.G. own one; my 4MP is the best printer on
my network at the moment. It is always wise to acquire contingency spares
(another LJ4) in advance; check thrift stores, back alleys in business
districts, dumpsters, electronics recyclers, etc. It should be possible
to maintain the machine for a long time to come.

Michael