Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default HP LaserJet 4M -- Yipes! Black stripes!

William Sommerwerck wrote:
"me" wrote in message

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
:

From service manual;

Table 7-17 Random Horizontal Black Lines

Possible Cause Action

Laser/Scanning Assembly Replace the Laser/Scanner Assembly.
misaligned or damaged.

DC Controller PCA Replace the DC Controller PCA

Thanks for the confirmation of my intuitive analysis.

It's a simple fix -- but who knows what it will cost?

You want my 2 cents worth?
It's convenient how HP was able to print an exact fault that would
point to a component that's not intended for the basic user to correct
and local supplier to have..

This only tells me that some where along the line the flaw was found
and the instruction manual updated until the end of production of that
version..

Simply solution. Buy a new Laser printer of a different model.

--
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5"