Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PIR v Dawn Dusk

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:

150w seems to be the way forward - when I can track down a make that uses a
relay.

You should really be using separate PIR and light, because they
almost never want to go in the same place -- the light should be
high up (particularly the type you are talking about), but the
PIR should be low enough to have a sweeping view of the area
covered. The separate PIRs are more professional devices which
are more likely to contain relays. The combined lights/PIRs are
cheaper products aimed more at the DIY market.

Two that I have used are these, and they both contain relays:
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...sp?sku=SR00199
http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...sp?sku=SR00915

--
Andrew Gabriel