Andrew Gabriel

Default Isolation switch wiring convention

In article ,
"RichardS" noaccess@invalid writes:

Incidentally, a quick look at my meter tails reveals that although the tails
between the fuse and meter are coloured black and red the meter tails are
both grey - only being identified with a 1" bit of coloured electricians
tape wrapped around them. Is this acceptable? I'm planning to change the
CU soon, and will use the opportunity to chnage the tails for properly
coloured ones if the current grey ones are not compliant.

The tails are sheathed and you are looking at the sheath.
If you look inside the CU, you will likely see the sheath
is stripped off to reveal red and black insulation.

--
Andrew Gabriel