Posted to alt.home.repair
marson marson is offline

Default Renovation, all new plumbing questions

On Jan 5, 7:02 pm, "Pete C." wrote:
marson wrote:

On Jan 5, 5:17 pm, " wrote:
On Jan 5, 4:05�pm, marson wrote:

On Jan 5, 2:37 pm, Paul wrote:

I'm just trying to avoid problems like getting all cold water in the
shower if someone uses the kitchen sink or flushes a toilet.

If you replumb your house with properly sized supply lines this will
be less of a problem. �A pressure balancing shower valve is also a
good thing.

go with manifold no joints, you can make a manifold by using pex
sections

better flow, easier service, pex is cheap, no Ts in inconvenient
spots..

temp shower valve is well worth the expense and still a good idea even
with individual lines

What do you mean by no joints? All of the pex I see going into new
houses has as many 90 degree ells as copper did, practically. You
really can't crank the stuff around a corner..you have to put a 90 on
it. I'm also wondering why you say better flow? Do you know this
from experience?

From what I've seen, they don't use 90 degree fittings, they use plastic
clips that hold the PEX in a 90 degree sweep, and this would indeed give
less flow resistance than a "hard" 90. Perhaps the ones you've seen are
installations by "old school" plumbers who haven't quite adapted to the
new technology.

No I work for a builder, so I see a lot of plumber's work. We have
three different plumbing contractors that we use. They are not old
school. I see 30 year old plumbers putting them in on every house I
work on. I haven't seen someone using bend supports once, except when
something is going to get buried in concrete.