Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_2_] HeyBub[_2_] is offline

Default It's for the children

I'm sure you've heard it before, but misapprehensions should not be ignored.
See imbeded comments.

wrote:
its just another right being taken from americans, based on its good
for us.

just look at what we have lost in the last 10 years................

the US ignores the geneva convention

## If you refer to the folks at Guantanamo, there is no Geneva Convention,
treaty, or protocol that covers unlawful enemy combatants. The folks there
are not criminals (so our constitutional safeguards do not apply) nor are
they POWs.

has indefinite detainees

## The usual practice throughout the centuries has been to summarily execute
sabateurs, spys, guerrillas, fifth columnists, and other forms of unlawful
enemy combatants. I remind you that the last of the German POWs were not
repatriated until late 1949, almost five years after the cessation of
hostilities.

has black prisons

##True. Having worked in a jail, I can say you can't integrate one person
with 100 of a different type, be that type race, sexual orientation,
national origin, or whatever. The cellblocks - or prisons - have to be
roughly equal or all of one type. The reason we have "black prisons" is
because there are more black prisoners.

waterboards and tortures, then destroys the evidence

## A rational person wouldn't want to KEEP the evidence, now would he?

look at the hassle of getting on a airliner.... cant find your drivers
license? you cant fly sorry.

US tracks all our spending

## ???

US wiretaps phone calls without court order

## The first wiretaps took place when both the Union and Confederate forces
intercepted telegraph messages. This is standard practice in wartime. There
are no laws, treaties, or anything else proscribing such.

US congress and wite house largely ignores open porus borders and at
most gives lip service to fixing illegal immigration. no doubt because
those illegals are essential for ouur economy.

## Only the Republicans have the economy as their goal; Democrats want the
votes.

vehicles are we regulated adding thousands to costs but the bump safe
bumpers, that allowed a 3.5 mile hit were dropped, so car makersa can
get wealthy everytime a minor bump occurs.

## ???

these regulations although sold to us for our benefit often benefit
others, like big business.

## Agreed.

the US is well along to be a declining country, debt ridden, congress
handing out pork as payoffs to whoever gave them money to get re
elected. without concern for the good of the people or our country.

## The US is not a declining country. Just the INCREASE in our GDP for the
last five years is greater than the entire GDP of China.

we lost manufacturing, and are losing food production.

## It is good that we lose unprofitable manufacturing (or any other type of
job). Adam Smith proved this in his "Wealth of Nations," published in 1776.
Some people just need to keep up.

## We ARE losing food production because much "food" is being converted to
fuel. When the problem gets severe enough, somebody will find a way to make
food out of oil. It'll average out.

one day soon our country run by special interests will collapse of its
own bureacratic money wasting ways.....

## "Special interests" are good. They act as a brake on the ignorant cries
of the great uwashed mob. It's called "separation of power." Do you want to
take a vote on what the tariff should be for hauling rendered Yak Fat on
interstate railroads? Do you want your congress-critter to decide? Or would
you rather the regulators have input from those who know how important Yak
Fat is to homeland defense?

our standard of living will collapse, perhaps energy needs will tank
at that time?

## The life expectancy of an American and the average African in 1910 was
roughly the same - about 45. Today Americans live to 80 while Africans have
shrunk to about 40.