Inger E Johansson

Default Copper Casting In America (Trevelyan)

"Eric Stevens" skrev i meddelandet
On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 07:21:52 GMT, "Inger E Johansson"
wrote:

"Eric Stevens" skrev i meddelandet
.. .
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:24:15 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

Eric Stevens wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:46:01 -0500, Tom McDonald
wrote:

--- snip ---

That could be. That's why I wrote the below.

My point here is that at least two researchers have done
experiments using only cold and hot working, without casting,
making all of the major types of artifacts found in the Great
Lakes area. This is not to say that some might not have been
cast. That's the issue. Contrary to what you write above, I
have not yet completed my own look into whether some might have
been cast. I'm not willing to take at face value reports of
research the originals of which I haven't yet found.

Fair enough. You may remember that some years ago I reported that I
had tried to track down Mallery's papers (left to the Smithsonian on
his death) to obtain copies of the originals upon which he relied, but
all the papers seem to have vanished into a black hole. It might be
worth another try.

Eric,
I thought I told you last summer that Mallery's paper is found in a

Private
Museum? Didn't you get any of the files I have from the Keller deposit? I

am
sure we discussed photos taken of the artifacts.

All that I can find which might possibly relate to that is "Shipley,
Marie A. [Brown]. The Norse Colonization in America by the Light of
the Vatican Finds. Lucerne: H. Keller's Foreign Printing Office,
[1899]."

It doesn't seem to relate to Mallery in any way.

It must either have been eaten of your computer when it was sent to service
or been sent via the one of telia's servers which has had problems sending
files to Australia and New Zealand.

I do have a lot of info. I am writing on a thriller for the moment, together
with an old friend of mine. Thus I can't put it in my computer before
midnight Swedish time when I am home after we have gone thru some of the
chapters in the book. You will have the first files tomorrow.

Inger E