Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default help on sheet forming process!

"RoyJ" wrote in message
These guys are somewhat local to me. IIRC, they have a suitable roller.
http://www.bendtec.com/architec.html

I'm inclined to believe the OP is real on the thickness, the drawings show
a pretty hefty thickness in relation to the width. The blank would be a
20' piece of 5/8"x 8"(?) 304. Calculated weight would be 336 pounds. I
haven't priced stainless lately, not calibrated on that one. I'd certainly
hope to get it for less that $5 a pound, that would put the piece under
$2000.

My biggest concern is the OP may think that a fabricated piece will hold
the same tolerances as a machined piece. BTDT, had a very unhappy
customer.

I can't see how you'd do the angle (cone) and the cylinder (flat) on a pipe
bender, Roy, but I'll be interested to hear if they'll give a quote, and
what it is.

--
Ed Huntress