Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default Amazing desk light (electronics)

On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 13:07:07 -0600, the renowned Ignoramus8343
wrote:

I purchased a desk light at Home Depot. It has an amazing featu it
is switched by touching its base. It does not have a mechanical
switch. All I have to do to turn it on, is to touch it. Very clever.

These were more popular maybe 15 years ago.

Here's one of the chips used.. perhaps the Chinese have cloned them by
now. I think ST had a chip or two as well.

http://www.lsicsi.com/pdfs/Data_Shee...538_LS7539.pdf

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany