Posted to cam.misc,uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Advice sought on replacing a central heating timer

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article
,
wrote:
Hello and Happy New Year!

Just before the Festive Season we had a power cut and our Honeywell
ST699 central heating timer reset itself. I imagine there is an old
NiCad battery in there which has popped its clogs. I am thinking that
this would be a good time to replace this 24 hour timer with a 7 day
timer.

I would love to hear about peoples' experiences changing their timers.
What timers are good? Did you fit it yourself? Was it a nightmare or
was it quite easy? Is there someone you would recommend we get to come
and do this for us? (We live in Soham - that is between Ely and
Newmarket, East Cambs).

Unless you really want to replace it I'd fit a new battery

http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/search/pr...sp?sku=BT00152

chop the legs off

and spend the
money on a programmable thermostat.