Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Amazing desk light (electronics)

first saw schematics for these in the popular electronics type mags in early
60s, touch switches are available at hardware stores cheaply, I have a pile
of them from a swap meet that I use when I make a lamp that has no practical
place for a switch - it works by capacitance typically. very easy to build,
but cheaper to buy
"Ignoramus8343" wrote in message
I purchased a desk light at Home Depot. It has an amazing featu it
is switched by touching its base. It does not have a mechanical
switch. All I have to do to turn it on, is to touch it. Very clever.