Posted to uk.d-i-y
Richard Perkin Richard Perkin is offline

Default OT. Dell

"tim....." wrote in
:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"Doki" writes:
95% of PC problems are with software, not hardware.

That's an issue with only one particular manufacturer's software.

I don't agree. 95% of problems with software are because of the
inability of the user. If those 95% of uses who are unable to use
software properly had Linux installed, it would go wong for them
as often as Windows does.

Agreed. Whatever issues there are with MS software (and there are
many) these pale into insignificance next to the user-related,
'finger trouble' problems.

However, 'finger trouble' problems are often down to a combination of
the complexity of the software product and the simplicity of the user
. As someone who has spent (too many) years in the IT industry and
made a good living out of it, I still remain to be convinced that PC-
class technology is truly ready for business use. YMMV of course...

--
Richard Perkin
To email me, change the AT in the address below

is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers. It isn't her's.
It isn't our's either. It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.