Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default OT. Dell

"Lobster" wrote in message
news
Mark wrote:

I think I will do a straw pole in the pub tonight just to see if Joe
public has the faintest idea about Ubuntu/Linux

Well I'll be honest and tell you that I do know what Linux is but have
never ever seen it, and that I'd never heard of Ubuntu until this
afternoon...

What happens if you need to share files (or even view them?) with any of
the other 99% of the world who uses MS Office, for example? Presumably
any of these OS are a non-starter, surely?

David

Ha cue lots of people to tell you its fine you can do all that no problem.

Which is true,

..

..

..