Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT. Dell

In article , Doki
says...

"Vortex" wrote in message

I had a dalliance with Linux a few years ago, and concluded that life's
too short.

Bang on. After having Ubuntu, which is supposed to work out of the box not
work out of the box on three systems, I decided there's no point messing
around with it. I've got enough things to do without spending time making a
PC work.

Ditto. I would really like to see open source take over
from Microsoft. Ubuntu installed fine on my computer. The
big problem was getting the internal modem to work with it.
In short it didn't and there didn't appear to be any
drivers to make it work. Wasted hours trying to sort it out
but gave up in the end.

Back to XP. I'm still avoiding hardware with Vista though.
--
David in Normandy