Randy H.

Default Cleaning for Oxygen Service

Hi Mark,

Now you done it! You went and picked a subject near and dear to my heart.
The blatant rip off and extortion of American industry by the jack booted
thugs of NAPA and their henchmen enforcers, your local fire dept. All in the
guise of safety!

Do I sound bitter? I AM! I have a long story I could tell you. I am
currently trying to put a web site up that tells it. I'm more than sure I
don't have to say to much more than that, and that most of the members of
this group have stories of their own dealing with these thugs. Being that
this is just my 2nd day of following and posting to this group I don't know
any of your stories.
You tell me, am I right?

I have a copy of NFPA 51, Standard for the design and installation of
Oxygen-fuel gas systems., 2002 edition. (most current)
It's a 17 page pamphlet of information that's been around since the 30's.

It makes these references as to proper cleaning of copper for piping of O2.

"A.6.4 Also see CGA Pamphlet G-4.1, Equipment cleaned for Oxygen service."

"A.6.4.1 Hot water solutions of caustic soda or trisodium phosphate are
effective cleaning agents for this purpose."

Hope that helps.

Randy H.
SC Glass Tech.
Scam Diego, Comi-fornia

"Mark" wrote in message
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of these publications other than
joining the CGA?

O2-DIR "2000 Directory of Cleaning Agents for Oxygen Service"

G-4.1 "Cleaning Equipment for Oxygen Service"

Thanks.