Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default OT. Dell

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I know there are many people on this group who are knowledgeable about
computers, hence the question.

Got a flyer from Dell Computers a while ago offering what seemed like a
good
deal on a new PC. SWMBO decided we needed one.

Four phone calls, two e-mails & several visits to their web site later I
still can't seem to buy it at the price on the flyer.

A quick Google search reveals loads of bad news about their service.

Am I better off leaving them well alone?

If you're talking about a desktop why not build one? You'll save some
money,

Any saving that you might make on the parts disappears once you have to add
in the much higher cost of buying a single copy of Windoz (even the system
builder version).

Or were you expecting Dave to fight with Linux.

tim