Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default OT. Dell

On 2008-01-05 12:03:24 +0000, "Vortex" said:

I agree completely.

I built one around this "barebones" chassis from ASUS last year:
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=483539

This is a good way to go in that you have some of the major components
in one box. Disk drives are not normally an added techical risk, but
graphics cards can be. Equally, ASUS is a solid motherboard
manufacturer, and if one selects a reputable video card, that is low
risk. Generally it seems that anything with NVidia chipset is a bit
more solid than ATI.

All you need to add is processor; memory; HDD and DVD (and fancy
graphics card if you are inclined) plus of course OS.

Linux is a good choice here.

Still purchased a DELL monitor and I am very happy.

I agree. I have one too.