Sunworshiper

Default Freezing locks

On 23 Jun 2004 16:19:23 -0700, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Larry Jaques says...

It's also possible to open nearly any padlock with a dozen or
fewer whacks of a hammer if one doesn't have picks handy.

I've heard tell that a pair of line-up pins, or spud wrenches,
will do nicely too. Simply pass the two through the shackle,
and then cross them out into an X.

Jim

A quickey saw with 12" diamond blade goes right through them.
Years ago a friend called me to take a lock off his garage door .
I thought it would take at least a couple of seconds or more , but it
went through both in less than a second and almost into the door.
The diamond blade doesn't like rebar , but loves locks. I was thinking
of this before while watching soldiers beating on locks in Iraq. There
has to be a better way than standing in front of an enemy door for
ever repeatedly pounding on a lock.