Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Proper insulation for the Chicagoland area?

On Jan 4, 2:26*pm, dpb wrote:
ransley wrote:

Your issue is not the glass, yet. To meet or exceed ES guidlines
verified air infiltration tests should be good meaning you could have
a defect. I dont think you should feel air comming in on an Energy
Star window, get the test data from silverline and compare it to
others.

Which is what I said earlier -- I'm convinced the air infiltration is an
installation problem, not the window itself.

--

He said the air comes in the side tracks of the window that would not
be an installation issue although with his uneven heating and an 80%