Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default It's for the children

On Jan 4, 3:10*pm, (Doug Miller) wrote:
In article , DerbyDad03 wrote:

[snip of post that is entirely good points except this last]

I'd choose to live without my AC over the others. *Look at it this way
- the utilities already have the abilty to take areas off the grid if
they feel it is in the best interest of the "whole" - i.e. rolling
blackouts. Which would you prefer: A few hours at 80 degrees or a few
hours with no power at all? *I'll opt for the former.

Trouble is, that's probably not the tradeoff you face. The tradeoff probably
will look more like a few *days* at 80 degrees vs. a few hours with no power.
Not to say that you wouldn't still come down on the same side of the
decision... just pointing out that it's not likely to be a simple
hours-for-hours trade.

--
Regards,
* * * * Doug Miller (alphageek at milmac dot com)

Point taken...and yes, I'd still opt for a few days in a state-
mandated 80 degree house in exchange for always cold beverages.