Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default CCW stops robbery...lucky!

On Jan 4, 6:15*am, Jim Yanik wrote:
(Doug Miller) wrote y.net:

In article , jJim
McLaughlin wrote:
Jim Yanik wrote:

SNIP

I would have just shot the robber;2 rounds to the center of body.

You might want to think about that. *Incident was in Indiana, IIRC,
not Texas.

Not a problem. Indiana law allows the use of deadly force not only in
self-defense, but in the defense of others also.

these days,robbers often shoot people *after they have complied*,for no
reason,and witnesses or bystanders too.

I'm NOT REQUIRED to act as a police officer and demand they surrender,and
it's too big a risk (and STUPID!!) to let THEM have the first shot.

Their drawing and threatening with a gun puts me at risk just as much as
the one they are pointing the gun at.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Case of idiot civilians bitchign about cops use of force.

Spokane, WA last Friday (IIRC) vehicl chase, ends in foot pursuit,
perp cornered, pulls gun, gun battle, perp wounded.

No problem? Guess again.

News last night. Big uproar about the 'shoot'. People bitching about
whether the deputy fired first. Note that there is NO denial that
perp pointed his weapon at the deputy before the fun started.

Guess they think the perp should get a free first shot and return fire
is only to be directed at shooting the gun out of his hand.

I shouldn't be by now but I am constantly amazed at how stupid people
can be.

Harry K