Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default CCW stops robbery...lucky!

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in
:

SteveB wrote:
Carrying on empty? What do you do, say wait a minute while I
load?

A minute? I'm racking as I'm clearing my holster. If it takes you a
minute to make a simple movement then it makes sense for you to
carry with a round in the chamber. Personal choice in the way
anyone chooses to carry is just that....personal choice. I'd
appreciate it if those who choose to do it differently than I do
to knock off the criticism and be happy with their own choices.

racking as you clear the holster sounds like a good way to have an
accidental discharge. ever hear the term "slam-fire"?

You don't know much about the Baretta 92F I take it.

I know its BEretta("Baretta" is an old Robert Blake TV show),and it

Sorry; I'm more concerned about its function than it's spelling ;-)

probably has a spring-loaded firing pin,not free-floating.
IIRC,it's DA/SA,so you -could- carry it with a round chambered,hammer
down,and eliminate the extra step at a critical moment.

Right. With it's safety engaged, there's no chance of a round accidentally
from any cause. Which is why there is no risk of a slam-fire.

That's my major beef;it's one more thing you gotta do in a CRITICAL
moment. Plus,you get to carry one extra round!

Fair enough. My point is, that I don't have that same beef.

it also requires you have both hands free.

So do many other handgun manuevers. You do it your way, I'll do it
mine.

Stubborn,aren't ya? ;-)

Not in everything :-)

Gawd, for supposed gun rights and ccw supporters who dislike nanny
government, you folks sure seem to like individual nannyism.

Hey,we're just discussing the pros and cons here,not mandating
anything. chill out.

I'm chilled. But I won't be bullied about my preferences. Go back and look
at the thread, Jim. All the criticism about chamber-empty carry, centered
around direct responses to my answer to a question. If y'all had simply
answered the same question with your own responses, *THAT* would have been a
discussion. But to pile up on my response, addressing me about why *MY*
carry method is wrong ain't close to a discussion.

I respect you, Jim, and we're on the same side of the RKBA issue, but I
don't have to justify my style of carry to anyone :-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com